Re/Define the way you think about weight loss.
Re/Define the way you think about exercise.
Re/Define the way you think about food.
Re/Define the way you think about yourself.
Dieting, fitness and exercise is a multi-billion dollar a year industry. Never in our history has our culture been so obsessed with physical appearance while at the same time setting all new records for rates of obesity.
Everywhere you turn, advertisements promise quick solutions to weight issues by taking pills, following silly gimmicks, counting points, joining an expensive gym, or even having surgery. Media tell us that we must fit a certain ideal to be loved and accepted.
If you have ever battled your weight, you know how difficult and discouraging these things can be. When a weight loss plan is too expensive, time consuming, restrictive and strenuous to maintain for our entire lives, we quickly abandon it and fall back into the bad habits that got us there in the first place.
When we become preoccupied with reaching an ideal weight or look, we take our focus off of the One who made us and put it on ourselves, our accomplishments, our needs for approval and acceptance.
The answer to our weight issues is not another pill or powder or program. The answer for our preoccupation with perfection is not 15 hours a week in the gym.
It is and has always been Jesus.
Re/Defined is a community of women on a journey toward Jesus. We know that when we pursue him, wellness and health will come naturally as we are empowered by the Holy Spirit to:
- confess that we are helpless against the things that sabotage us: bad food choices, comparison to others, lack of motivation, shame;
- allow the Lord to deliver us from our need to fill ourselves with created things, justify our behavior and make excuses;
- turn our cravings toward God and away from anything that is less than His best for us;
- live accountably in community with others who desire to be healed from their issues with food, exercise, body shame, fear, despair, and preoccupation.
- make peace with our bodies by seeing them as a valuable tool in the hands of our loving Father.
How does Re/Defined work?
Re/Defined is not a program or a diet or a magic bullet. Instead, Re/Defined is a group of fitness classes at First Family Church that combine:
- fun, simple fitness moves at varying levels of intensity
- advice and tips for a healthier lifestyle
- weekly devotionals to encourage and guide you
- accountability, laughter, and fun
What are Re/Defined classes like?
Each Re/Defined class is unique and each class varies in intensity – from very low impact with a small amount of cardiovascular challenge to all-out hard core resistance and cardio challenge. Classes begin with a warm up, followed by a fun workout and cool down. The last 10 minutes of the class will be for discussion of the devotional, prayer and fun.
What are the devotionals like?
Fun, inspiring and Bible-based. The weekly devotionals are short and both encouraging and challenging. With topics like: Dealing with Cravings, Seeing Myself for What I Really Am, Making Peace with My Scale, we cover the obstacles we face as we run toward Jesus and away from enslavement. The devotionals do not require outside of class reading or study.
Can you guarantee I will lose 40 lbs and 15 inches or look like Jennifer Aniston?
But as you draw closer to God, more of His Son will be revealed in you and that is the most beautiful look of all.
How much does Re/Defined cost?
Re/Defined L.I.F.E – $10 for 5 weeks. Includes Made to Crave: 60 Days to Craving God Not Food Devotional Book.
All other Re/Defined Classes: $4 to drop in, $35 for a 10 class punch card, $40 for unlimited classes per month.
Childcare is available for Re/Defined: Resistance (Mondays 10-11) and Re/Defined: Toning (Thursdays 10-11). $2 per family.